Sunday, October 17, 2010

I fed a King today... for serious




I can honestly say that I have never had a dull moment at the bakery. When business is slow the young women fill the drama void. This weekend was no exception. As I have been heavily celebrating the end of my super busy wedding season and the knocking down of any balls that are thrown at me to make the chaos worse.... today I had the coolest orders.

Ok. So I forgot to take pictures.... But I made a fun cheeseburger cake and I thought that was just the beginning. Then, the owner said we had a weird order from Molly (manager) and I thought oh boy here we go hee hee. She said that we got a huge order for some king. Some King huh. Was it a prank call? No, she even wrote on the order "For serious!". Well, ok. We google searched and realized that this might be a for serious thing. I tried to approach the order as if it was any other customer but it was for a KING. My pastry confections might change him. He might come back and give me a million dollar tip. He might use 10 of his 21 billion dollars and Save America? So then the pressure was on. I tugged on all of my icing squirting ability and tried my best to pour as much love as I could into the 55 cupcakes. As it was to save America.

So like all of the wedding cakes that I poop out, I may just never know how the king liked the pumpkin bars or tea cakes or the 55 cupcakes of love but I can always say that I have fed a King. For serious.

Have a good one. And stay POSITIVE you don't want to piss off the gremlins...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalifa_bin_Zayed_Al_Nahyan

No comments: