Thursday, October 21, 2010

Lets watch a cake show.

I just got done celebrating the end of the Wedding Season from Heck town and I realize I am still knee deep in fondant. "I want a cake for my son to look like a leaf, a giant leaf with bugs all over it. A butterfly, a dragonfly, caterpillar, and bees and ladybugs." The lady came back in and said she loved it, when she got home...called, "there weren't enough bugs on it for all the money I paid!". I know where some ladybugs could fit lady...

"I would like a three tiered cake with a monkey and a lion and ships and palm trees on it and I would like the monkey and lion to be made out of that fonyant stuff. You know that play dough stuff like on tv." "I want to out do my mother-in-laws cake, so make it tall like a wedding cake, oh and I need it to be under 100$".

I have a new set of fine lines on my forehead and upper lip (no waxing accident) from the constant confused frown that is plastered on my face. I can't even hide the "you are a retard" look.

"My 2 year old loves cars". " He loves the new Cube looking car so I want a cake to look just like that"(I am loaded and don't care how much pain this puts your decorator in...).

Ok, vent over. maybe.(that is just this week)

I really so love the part where I get to use all of the training I got in school drawing naked, fat, excited, gay, truck drivers. (another story for another day)(I keep pushing cap locks and I am about to hit my head on the keyboard...) but I have to admit that at 4:30 -5:00 a.m. I an in a trance just looking at the order board where they put new orders that came in the day before. I stare at it and hope I just can't focus yet, hope it is the lack of caffeine and then my boss comes up and (sometimes giggles) and says isn't that one gonna be a stinker.

I did have to turn one down last week, well refuse to do it how the customer wanted it. "full sheet cake, white butter cream, Happy 10th Birthday (soon to be convict) decoration: machine guns, rifles, hand guns bullet holes and blood spatters." really. nope. Hello Chestertown weirdo, Jenny is a lover and you are bad parents.

Well, getting ready for Maggie's birthday. I guess I have to make a superduper cake hee hee. Lets do something bloody...

Well, speaking of; gotta go get my little love bird while the boys are out hitting the walnuts that all fell out of the tree and all over the yard last night ( I did feel bad when one fell out of the tree and hit Matt in the face. I am glad he wasn't hurt and I can laugh now... I guess I am fitting in with the parents above mentioned...)

Have a good one!
Jenny

No comments: