Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Where do I start?

It is just the fourth day of the year and I have already learned some great stuff.

I am old.
Stink bugs are flippin everywhere.
I should have been Amish.
Mice like my engine and corn.
Some people enjoy being miserable.
I am socially dysfunctional...


I will start with today because Ashley is waiting for the Raven's game update. Today I was personally invaded by stink bugs. I guess because Randy keeps the corn stove cranked up on high and that it is a blazing 80 degrees in our house that the stink bugs have found their sanctuary. Today was no exception for the bugs. Not only do they love our house but they love my clothes. I just wanted to take a shower and wash away the icing plops and pack up all of the Christmas poop. The shower was luke warm (Randall) and my easy pants to my alarm and half naked displeasure were filled with the nasty prehistoric foul smelling beasts. I found that screaming didn't really help get them out, and I quickly put the matches away but really there has to be some way to get rid of these beasts.

On to yesterday. I was celebrating with Robin our half day of freedom. See, the kids have been on vacation but no sports argh, which is better? So we get rid of the kids but that night basketball starts. So we had one day where there were no kids and we could ignore our impending chaos of the run to practice and the throwing together of some food products and heat that I will call "dinner damn it". No bakery, no kids, no husband, no farm, no sports. But, this was only to last half a day. darn it. We had a great day in Annapolis!!! Even if it wasn't a full day it was ours and we were free. That is until the ride home and I start to smell smoke. Holy crap batman, I think my car is on fire. I'm not pulling over but I hurry home and rush to find Randy. I open the hood and I can really smell it. Crap he is gonna kick my butt. I can't even remember the last time I checked the oil in this loud gray crapper. So Nathan peeks under the hood because he simply has to see and hear everything. There are no secrets from my Nathan. If curiosity kills the cats it is good it doesn't kill sons. "So, Momma why is there corn all over you engine?". "I swear I didn't do it Momma". I squint my eyes at him and realize he is scared that I will think it is him and to be honest I did have to think about it a little. Sad I know. He is like him Momma... So Randy walks over and looks at Nathan and I staring into the engine. I can't for the life of me figure out how all of this corn got under the hood. Randy laughs and said it must have been the mice eating out of the corn stove buckets and hiding it in my car for later. Whatever, I still haven't found a reason to like or better not hate those little mice rats.

Ravens game to follow....

Lv, Jenny

2 comments:

Christine Manzari said...

At least you could've gotten some popcorn outta all the hot corn under the hood. Is that too much to ask for? ;)

Anonymous said...

We did have a great day! At least I drove to Annapolis so that we didn't have corn issues earlier in the day. And at least you didn't yell at Nathan and then realize that it was the mice. See, things could've been so much worse!