Thursday, November 25, 2010

Peas.

I said to myself when I felt my worst that I would do whatever it took to feel better.... My little brain was thinking that I would have to take a pill and maybe see some doctors. Now, yes, I take some pills but I have to change my whole eating life. As anyone that has ever been out to eat with me I could easily say that I can pack it in and I like my BOILED IN OIL.

I can do this right? Sitting and looking up the info and going over basic facts with the Dr. the warning signs to diabetes have been there for over a year. Much like anything, I had convinced myself that I was just becoming an OLD FART! As much as that pained me it was easier than thinking that there was just something going on. I lost almost 20 lbs (working at a bakery and next to the doughnut station?? duh), I was so tired that I couldn't function without a nap as soon as I got home from work and then still going to bed at 8:30. Not being able to do anything around the house. Feeling so sick to my stomach in the a.m. that I have even taken some pregnancy tests. I mean that is easier than going to the Dr. right?? Maybe it is stress? Well.... That sounded perfect too but this year has been a lot better than last so if it was stress you would have thought that my stomach would have just disintegrated last year.

Ok, so there was a little stress, there was signs that I might have drilled hole in my stomach, but there were the blood sugar numbers. The Dr's said it must be in your family somewhere. As Dr. Becky said, "fat, forty or family". I am 37 damn it! I'm not fat (however I eat like I am...) and family, not that I know but Mom did die of Pancreatic cancer.

So, here I am, trying to save my body, convinced I will end up like my mother if I eat any sugar. I eat peas. I really need to read more books so I can eat something other than peas. The books say that is easier to become a vegetarian than it is to redefine your diet. Veggies suck. I mean veggies are yummy. Maybe I can boil them in oil. So. Here I go to make some Turkey dinner and peas hee hee. can you deep fry tofu?

So have a great one! I am super Thankful. I know why my body feels like crap. I can fix it. And I have a great group of people around me that have lifted me up yet again without me asking. I am BLESSED! sniffle, sniffle.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Jenny

No comments: