Saturday, December 4, 2010

Olive Garden

My boiled in oil partners are a little worried. Hee hee I haven't got the shakes from the neglect of the boiled in oil fries and soda pop that my body just "had to have". Don't get me wrong I do miss them but the wake up call I had really scared me. I know it is "just" Pre diabetes but.... I always thought that my Mother's illness was preventable and she didn't care enough to take care of herself. Now, here I am same organ same swan song. Only exception I care. I will try my best not to let my body end up like hers. So, I do my best but yes, I know almost radically.

I also know that I have one of the best friends ever. I am blessed. Without question or comment we went out to dinner to a place I could make a better choice and she has not complained at all. She also was there with me on my very worst days, even came into work and made me eat. She called me, asked questions and prayed for me. When the news came back that my Pancreas numbers were fluey she was on the Internet,didn't let me think about mom. Potassium numbers crazy; back on google search. She went to her Dr. got all of her kids healthy then asked him some questions about me. Just speechless.


So, here I stand shopping in the old fart isles of the food store and the pharmacy with a strong need for a pill box and some saggy nylons. But smiling.

For the first time in over a year I feel like knitting. Reading a book, shopping for Christmas and dealing with the world. It has been nice to be able to walk away from the fetal position that had taken over.

I am having fun making all of those crazy cakes at the bakery. Using my art that had been bottled up has been rewarding but I do miss "my thing". My yarn business. Ahh, there will be a time for that again. I have had long talks with what I can do once the nest is empty. For I am just beginning baby!!
Have a good cold one,
Jenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the one who is blessed! Never forget that friendship is a two way street and our just never has a roadblock! Just to point out, I am in need of better choices too. Love ya, and I am so glad you are in a better place!